- 4 pieces of fabric, 4″ larger than the shutter opening
- craft paint (pick your color)
- stencils (we found traceable, cardboard cutouts at Joann’s)
- fabric medium (allows paint to adhere to fabric/find in paint section)
- narrow brushes
- smooth board
- push pins or tacks
1) Stretch & tack down fabric to board. Line with paper to prevent bleeding.
2) Select stencils and lay out where the letters should be placed and traced. If stenciling go to step.
3) then use mixed paint & stencil.3) Mix fabric meduim & craft paint (half & half), this will help the paint go on smoother. We used painter’s drop cloth, which is a nubby fabric- it is a little more difficult to paint.