2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheese (I use what I have on hand, mostly cheddar)
Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes (your oven may vary- test with knife in middle of quiche- comes out clean, it is done.)
* Make a 9" pastry or a frozen, pre-bought from the grocery store. They sell deep dish - if I buy, I get the deep dish. Don't forget to put your frozen pie crust on a cookie sheet, the foil pan will cook the bottom too fast!
* My add to's: 1/2 cup of the things I love . . . I am a big fan of bacon, but you could go vegetarian on this, the sky is the limit!
* With a fork or whisk, whip the eggs and milk until even & smooth, pour into pie shell.
* Add into the milk/egg mixture your favorite quiche ingredients.
* Top with your shredded cheese of choice.
* Bake, let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Place the bacon in a cast iron skillet and bake at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes. Bake until it becomes your " perfect bacon" . My level of crispiness was right at 20 minutes.
This method kept the kitchen from smelling like "Bill Smith's Cafe" (a famous hole-in-the-wall, breakfast/lunch restaurant in McKinney. I think there is fried bacon wallpaper in there!). Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Bill Smith's, but I haven't fried bacon for hundreds of people every day in my house since 1956!